Wednesday 16 March 2011

HORROR FLICK- PARENTING.

A friend said something on facebook about how children who come from single parented homes most often are of sound etiquette than most from both parented homes. One thing i like to state  and make clear is that, we must understand that no child will choose being raised by a single parent if they had the choice. Its a world wide canker which needs eradication by any means necessary. 

I am not an expect on the subject since i was raised by both parents equally including the extended members of the family but i have had an equal share of rough experiences which in my adult years have made me a better person(hopefully). Our individual growth varies. It will take some people their entire life time to realize to make the change at the last minute. It might not be their fault but again who must be blamed? Bad parenting and up bringing to me has nothing to do with both or single parenting.

I see through the eyes of pain yelling out loud.
Eyes turn blood red and face as pale as the ashes from a coal pot
Tongue swallowed without a trace.
Toes chopped bit by bit fingers stuck into mouth.
Teeth plucked out with force with lips sewed to the nose.
I wake up every day to the same shame of humanity.
We are all guilty, each and every single person.
I go to sleep everyday with tears swell up in my mind
But to arrogant to share it. Yes I am guilty.
Do not wonder what I speak of, because
- Parents deliver with full knowledge of the inability to cater for that baby.
But why would they care?
- The neighbor has enough to help support that child but no.
He/ she isn’t related to them, not biologically.
- You and I have the chance to make this child heard, but no.
We allow them to suffer and cry in silence.
- The child has a choice to become the best but allow themselves be pressured to become
The negative arms of the society.
So we are all guilty, YOU AND I.

2 comments:

  1. "Tongue swallowed without a trace" this line is loaded with meaning...


    "I go to sleep everyday with tears swell up in my mind"... this line punched me.

    thanks for putting out such pertinent issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a single parent is really hard. The parent has to work to let their family survive, but being away from home is a cause for stress. The single parent has to worry about who is going to be there to watch their kids while they are at work? Single parents need consistent reliable friends, people who are willing to put themselves out to be helpful and loving. They need people they can trust who are loyal and also themselves good role models for the kids.

    help for single Dads

    ReplyDelete